There are just so many dating sites these days. Christian Mingle, Match.com, Plentyoffish, Zoosk, eHarmony…
So how do you go about picking one? One thing you could do is simply get free trials at all the popular dating sites, use them for a week or so, and select the one that appeals to you the most. But this can be a long and tedious process.
I prefer to read reviews online and select sites based on the audience they cater to. It didn’t take long to find out the eHarmony is the most suitable site for anyone who is interested in a serious, long-term relationship and even marriage.
I’ve used eHarmony for a while now, and here is a list of what I consider to be the top benefits of using this popular dating site.
- It attracts people who are serious about love.
- It uses a highly successful matchmaking algorithm that matches you with people you will most likely be compatible with.
- You receive a free personality profile that many people find very insightful and accurate.
- You receive a manageable number of matches which you can review at leisure. I typically got 0 – 2 matches per day.
- The price is reasonable if you purchase a long-term membership (6 months or longer). I don’t recommend anything shorter than 3 months since it is not cost-effective.
- You can get started for free with an eHarmony free trial offer from couponleaf.com. The free trial allows you to receive matches and engage in some forms of communication.
The one thing about eHarmony is that you don’t receive unlimited matches and instead only get a handful at a time. For this reason, you will need to be a bit patient and have faith in the system. It has worked for thousands of other people, many of whom got married, so you need to give the process some time and keep at it.
To date, I don’t think eHarmony has much competition. Other sites like Chemistry.com have attempted to offer compatibility matching systems as well. But if you look at the membership numbers, it’s clear that eHarmony still dominates the landscape for online matchmaking, and will likely continue to do so well into the future.
Read a full review of eHarmony.